Thursday, June 11, 2015

Picture Book Recommendation

Lately we have been reading A LOT of picture books.  It's what you do when you are an aspiring author in that genre.  I will be posting a top ten of our favorite picture books in the near future, but in the mean time I wanted to highlight one of my new favorites. I loved it so much that I was willing to spend $18 at our local bookstore to put it in our library. EIGHTEEN DOLLARS! That's pretty steep for a picture book in my opinion, even if it is a hard copy.

Confession: I can't guarantee that my position on this won't change if the royalties are ever going into my pocket. You've been warned, I don't want to hear any of you calling me a flip flopper.

The book that I am taking about is My New Teacher and Me by none other than Al Yankovic (as in Weird Al Yankovic), and illustrated by the fantastic Wes Hargis.  I have another confession: I was not in any way shape or form a fan of Weird Al as a singer/song writer when I was growing up and his music was somewhat popular. Sorry Al.  I do however adore him as a children's book author.  His wordplay is fantastic, and the story is so fun.  If you haven't read it or are searching for a book to add to your library or simply to check out from a library, you won't be disappointed with this one!

M.

Disclaimer: I just want it known that I am not affiliated or set up to make money on anything that I recommend or link to on my blog. If that ever changes in the future I will make note of it. Anything that I highlight I do because of the enjoyment that it brings to me and my kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment